Re: Re: page breaks ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg27402] Re: [mg27383] Re: page breaks ?
  • From: Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:53:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

for this purpose, I once wrote a Function as follows:

PBR[] := StylePrint[" ", "Output", PageBreakAbove -> True];
PBR[st_String] := StylePrint[StyleForm[st
                            ,PageBreakAbove -> True

which begins a new page and - in the second variant - prints a
boldfaced string into the first cell.

In article <96vuak$gh at>,
 "Allan Hayes" <hay at> wrote:

> You can get breaks above *cells*:
> - select the cell bracket
> - menu>Format>Option Inspectorr
> - look up Break
> - find PageBreakAbove
> - set this to True

Better yet, make a "dummy" or "page break" cell with the above
properties and some trivial symbol like a faint dot or line in it.

Then you can insert or move copies of this cell wherever you want to
insert a forced page break.

(But, I think most users agree:  Mathematic still doesn't do a really
clean or effective job of handling the whole page break problem.)