Re: Transparent Layering w/ Solids

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26550] Re: Transparent Layering w/ Solids
  • From: dirk00 at my-deja.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:34:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was told in a Mathematica conference by Tom Wickam Jones that
Mathematica Postscript does not support transparency because standard
Postscript does not support it either.

But AI 9.0 does for the first time support transparency and it does
work quite well.

I make lots of AI pictures with Postscript paths included made by
Mathematica.

But I did not try it out but it is certainly possible.

You have to learn AI of course which is not self evident but quite
rewarding.

Indeed, I  learned that Mathematica can make pictures but they are
seldom good enough for publishing work.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/