[Q] symbolic matrix operation?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26653] [Q] symbolic matrix operation?
  • From: research at (James)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've used 'symbolic' calculation in mathematica in many ways,
but this time,
I wonder if mathematica can solve symbolic matrix operation.

        {c, d},
        {e, f}}

  SingularValues::"svdf": "SingularValues has received a matrix
          with infinite precision."

(a,b,c,d,e,f are all symbolics.)
I need to do several symbolic matrix operations such as SingularValues.
Is there any way to do that?
Thank you.