Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26624] Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica
  • From: Todd in Oslo <todflach at my-deja.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Colleagues,

I am testing my first model of an EXCEL spreadsheet linked to a
Mathematica kernel using MathLink for EXCEL. The model works fine for a
limited number of calculations, say about 4000 cells. But now I am
experiencing the following problem:

The calculations of 6000 cells never gets more than 65% finished
because the link between EXCEL and the Mathematica kernel seems to be
broken, resulting in an error message for the rest of the 35% of the
cells. The message in these cells is $LinkError.

What am I doing wrong, or what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Todd Flach
reservoir engineer since 1987
--