erratum in OnLineHelp & TheBook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26631] erratum in OnLineHelp & TheBook
- From: wouter.meeussen at vandemoortele.com (Wouter Meeussen)
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:11 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
OnLineHelp & TheBook contain so few typo's that it is reasonable to
report any that are left.
Example: Search for "Genocchi" in the help, and you get:
The Euler numbers are related to the Genocchi numbers by
(Subscript[G, n] = 2^(2 - 2*n)*n*Subscript[E, 2*n - 1])
this is incorrect, and should read :
G[2n] = 2n EulerE[ 2n-1,0 ] = 2(1-2^(2n)) BernoulliB[ 2n ]
altough I'm not certain if it should be G[2n] or G[n] above:
cfr. A001469 [EIS]
but be kind enough to correct me if I'm wrong.
Prev by Date:
Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Random Sampling Without Replacement?
Previous by thread:
Re: Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica
Next by thread:
Display of partial derivatives.