erratum in OnLineHelp & TheBook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26631] erratum in OnLineHelp & TheBook
- From: wouter.meeussen at vandemoortele.com (Wouter Meeussen)
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:11 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
OnLineHelp & TheBook contain so few typo's that it is reasonable to report any that are left. Example: Search for "Genocchi" in the help, and you get: The Euler numbers are related to the Genocchi numbers by (Subscript[G, n] = 2^(2 - 2*n)*n*Subscript[E, 2*n - 1]) this is incorrect, and should read : G[2n] = 2n EulerE[ 2n-1,0 ] = 2(1-2^(2n)) BernoulliB[ 2n ] altough I'm not certain if it should be G[2n] or G[n] above: cfr. A001469 [EIS] http://www.theory.csc.uvic.ca/~cos/inf/perm/GenocchiInfo.html and http://www.cecm.sfu.ca/projects/KGHare/genocchi.html http://www.math.pku.edu.cn/stu/wsxy/sxrjjc/wk/Encyclopedia/contents/GenocchiNumber.html but be kind enough to correct me if I'm wrong. Wouter.