Re: Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26684] Re: Cause of $ErrorLink message in EXCEL/Mathematica
  • From: Ulrich Hofstoetter <ulrich.hofstoetter at visualanalysis.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Todd in Oslo wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am testing my first model of an EXCEL spreadsheet linked to a
> Mathematica kernel using MathLink for EXCEL. The model works fine for a
> limited number of calculations, say about 4000 cells. But now I am
> experiencing the following problem:
>
> The calculations of 6000 cells never gets more than 65% finished
> because the link between EXCEL and the Mathematica kernel seems to be
> broken, resulting in an error message for the rest of the 35% of the
> cells. The message in these cells is $LinkError.
>
> What am I doing wrong, or what can I do to fix this?

Do you use VBA?

Does an array exceed the array size limit set in the link options? This
should give an $ArrrayTooLarge, but who knows?

Do you try to get a list element by element in a loop of some kind? I
had this once and my problems went away by fetching the complete list.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Ulrich Hofstoetter
Visual Analysis GmbH

Tel: (+49)89-431981-38