How to change Mathematicas menus on the fly?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26622] How to change Mathematicas menus on the fly?
  • From: Mikael Adlers <mikael at mathcore.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:36:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Friends:
I am using Mathematica 4.0 on a Windows2000 computer.

Now, my problem is that I would like to change the Mathematica
menus when a package is loaded. I have seen this question before
but never a full answer to the question.

I have managed to load the MenuSetup.tr file, change it, and call

 FrontEndExecute[ResetMenusPacket[menuStr]];

to change the menubar.

However, I still have some problems

1) The window menu looses all the names of the currently open windows
   (not strange since theses are not defined in MenuSetup.tr).
   Is there a way to read the current menubar from Mathematica?

2) The context menu (right click menu) disappear. It's possible to
   change the context menu by changing the file PopupMenuSetup.tr, but
   can this be done from Mathematica?

If anyone has solved these problems I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
/Mikael Adlers

 Mikael Adlers, Ph.D.          email: mikael at mathcore.com
 MathCore AB                   phone: +4613 32 85 07
 Teknikringen 1F               fax:         21 27 01
 SE-583 30 Linkoping, Sweden