subprogramas as separate notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26657] subprogramas as separate notebooks
  • From: Otto Linsuain <linsuain+ at andrew.cmu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone. I have a simple question. I read the Mathematica section on
notebook manipulation, but didn't find an answer to my question.

I have a relatively simple but bulky code. The reason is that after I
input the parameters I go on to creating a whole pile of directories
(whose path names depend on the values of the parameters), then I define
a simple function and go on to evaluate that function for a whole bunch
of different values and store lists of numbers in files in those
directories (unless this has already been stored for those values of the
parameters in a previous run), then I use these numbers in the actual
solution of the problem which involves some numerical crunching.

My code would be much nicer to read and debug if I could have a driver
notebook where the parameters are introduced, and then from there I
could call another one that creates the directories, another that stores
the numbers and so on. It really doesn't matter to me in I have to open
all the notebooks for this to work, or if the FrontEnd will open them.
What I would like is to deal with simpler more especialized notebooks.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Otto Linsuain.