Strange MathLink program behavior??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26694] Strange MathLink program behavior??
  • From: WOLKOWISKY JAY H <wolkowis at euclid.colorado.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:57:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the following behavior? Please help!

I wrote a MathLink program which is called from Mathematica. After
I install it using Install[LinkLaunch[]], the program works fine and
gives the correct numerical result, the FIRST time I use it in a Mathematica
session. The problem is, the SECOND time I use it in a Mathematica
session, the link gets uninstalled and I get the following window
poping up(the Mathematica session does not crash). It is a blue window
which contains:

device callback: pdemlmod.exe- Application Error
The instruction at "0x77fc9906" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be written.

Here pdemlmod is the name of my compilied C program. I tried it on two
different computers with the same result. I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 on a
Windows NT4 and a Windows 2000 machine. The debugger catchs the crash,
but I'm not able to understand the output.

Any help would be appreciated. I will be happy to send the entire Workspace
directory if that would be of use.