Want to use results by Parallel Computing

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26861] Want to use results by Parallel Computing
  • From: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 01:27:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Some strange things about parallel computing.

When I execute the following on a single machine, there is no problem.

Do[c[i] = i * (i+2), {i, 1000}]

I can surely obtain c[5] or any of the elements.

However, when I do the same thing by ParallelEvaluate,  executing time
becomes shorter, but I cannot access to the results.

ParallelEvaluate[Do[c[i] = i * (i+2), {i, 1000}]]

That is, I cannot get the concrete value of c[5] on the master machine.

Mathematica just returns c[5] symbolically.

What is happening?
I hope some one can give me advice on obtaining the results, such as