Want to use results by Parallel Computing

Hello,

Some strange things about parallel computing.

When I execute the following on a single machine, there is no problem.

Do[c[i] = i * (i+2), {i, 1000}]

I can surely obtain c[5] or any of the elements.

c[5]
35

However, when I do the same thing by ParallelEvaluate,  executing time
becomes shorter, but I cannot access to the results.

ParallelEvaluate[Do[c[i] = i * (i+2), {i, 1000}]]

That is, I cannot get the concrete value of c[5] on the master machine.

c[5]
c[5]

Mathematica just returns c[5] symbolically.

What is happening?
I hope some one can give me advice on obtaining the results, such as
c[5]=35.

-Toshi