RE: How to plot the inverse trig functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29733] RE: [mg29724] How to plot the inverse trig functions
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 06:07:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jose,

It would help if you specified the nature of the error messages you
received.

The following works fine for me.

Plot[ArcSin[x], {x, -1, 1}];

But the following produces Plot::plnr error messages because ArcSin[x] is
not a real number over parts of the plotting domain. I am guessing that that
is what your problem is.

Plot[ArcSin[x], {x, -2, 2}];
Plot::plnr: ArcSin[x] is not a machine-size real number at x = -2..

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net