Rotating tick marks

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29756] Rotating tick marks
  • From: "Catherine Neish" <cdneish at>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 02:26:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi there.

I have created a 2D graphic in which I specified the tick marks on the
y-axis.  These tick labels are relatively long, and "stick out" horizontally
from the frame.  Is there any way to rotate them?  As it is right now, the
figure has a large amount of unnecessary white space surrounding it due to
these ticks.

I tried to use RotateLabel, but I believe that only applies to the frame
labels.  Any help you could provide on this matter would be greatly

Catherine Neish