Re: Math Fonts in EPS-exported graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29788] Re: Math Fonts in EPS-exported graphs
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

1) you can try the PSFrag TeX package to label the graphs. Since the
   labels are typeset in TeX it is no problem to access the TeX symbols.
   But you *must* use the kernel alone (not from the Frontend)

   dvips should look int the included PostScript files for font
   resources, and when the Matheamtica fonts are in the font table
   it will include the fonts.
   You may give the Mathematica fonts you use, explicit as a header
   for dvips with the -h option.

2) No ! because the recipient's TeX setup may not know  what to
   do with the fonts *and* the Windows version of MathReader should
   only come with TrueType fonts and not with the Type1 fonts
   for dvips. The Linux version of MathReader is the only one that
   *need* Type1 fonts.

Contact me direct, when you have trouble with thew inclusion
of PS-fonts into a TeX document.

Regards
  Jens