Can Anyone Help With This?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29795] Can Anyone Help With This?
- From: Flip at safebunch.com
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:25:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to turn on/off a verbose mode of printing when running modules in Mathematica. I have the following segment that I'd like to code, but with the ability to turn on/off printing of intermediate results. Here is the algorithm (for example). Step 0: N = random odd number. Step 1: K = N+1, P = 1, Q = (1-D)/4, D = 1-4Q Step 2: Let Kr Kr-1 ... K0 be the binary expansion of K. Step 3: Set U = 1 and V = P. Step 4: For i = r-1 to 0, Set (U, V) = (UV mod N, (V^2 + DU^2)/2 mod N) If Ki = 1, then also set (U, V) = ( (PU +V)/2 mod N, (PV + DU)/2 mod N) Step 5: Uk = U and Vk = V Is it possible to turn on/off the intermediate results of (U, V)? Thank you for any input ... Wilson