Re: Opening Directory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29802] Re: [mg29747] Opening Directory
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:26:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The only fully correct way to do this is to use SetDirectory[] (but, if
you follow the above FAQ, you at least don't have to hard-code a path
inside SetDirectory).  While the 3.0 behavior was often exploited by
people like yourself, it was by no means reliable.  I can think of several
ways this behavior could have been defeated in common circumstances...for
example, if you have multiple notebooks from multiple directories open,
which directory would be chosen?

John Fultz
jfultz at
User Interface Group