Re: Opening Directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29802] Re: [mg29747] Opening Directory
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:26:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

See http://support.wolfram.com/Kernel/FE/notebookdir.html.

The only fully correct way to do this is to use SetDirectory[] (but, if
you follow the above FAQ, you at least don't have to hard-code a path
inside SetDirectory).  While the 3.0 behavior was often exploited by
people like yourself, it was by no means reliable.  I can think of several
ways this behavior could have been defeated in common circumstances...for
example, if you have multiple notebooks from multiple directories open,
which directory would be chosen?

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com