Placeholders in matrix notation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29892] Placeholders in matrix notation
- From: dooglefish at aol.communicate (Douglas F.)
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to use the partial differential operator in matrix algebra. The function
it operates on would be in another matrix.
Here, I am using "d" to represent the partial operator
[d 0] . Transpose[ f[x]| g[x] ]
But Mathematica won't let me do the matrix multiplication. How do you do that?
Prev by Date:
Re: Clearing cache
Next by Date:
A question on machine numbers
Previous by thread:
Re: inability to pass argument(s) to functions..
Next by thread:
Re: Placeholders in matrix notation