- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29946] Derivative[x^2] ??
- From: Tim 9-23 <bendoftimeb at stny.rr.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:57:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I thought I would get the answer which is 2x, but I'm getting (x^2)'.
So my question is, how do I get the program to find the derivative and
not just re-write it in another form. What's the command?
My email address is anti-spammed. Remove the 2 B's after hitting email reply
if you want to email me.
Prev by Date:
notation help: f(x) = (sin x)^(1/3)
Next by Date:
Re: Integrate[1/x, x] ??
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: notation help: f(x) = (sin x)^(1/3)
Next by thread:
Re: Derivative[x^2] ??