Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29970] Re: [mg29946] Derivative[x^2] ??
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:28:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a message dated 2001/7/19 4:12:36 AM, bendoftimeb at stny.rr.com writes: >I thought I would get the answer which is 2x, but I'm getting (x^2)'. > >So my question is, how do I get the program to find the derivative and >not just re-write it in another form. What's the command? > D[x^2, x] 2*x Derivative[#^2&][x] 2*x Bob Hanlon Chantilly, VA USA