Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29982] Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- From: peter weijnitz <pewei at algonet.se>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:28:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Telenordia
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
enter D[x^2,x] instead from where did you get Derivative[x^2] ? use help! /peter Tim 9-23 wrote: > I thought I would get the answer which is 2x, but I'm getting (x^2)'. > > So my question is, how do I get the program to find the derivative and > not just re-write it in another form. What's the command? > > My email address is anti-spammed. Remove the 2 B's after hitting email reply > if you want to email me. > > Tim 9-23