Re: Folds

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30015] Re: Folds
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:16:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 05:11:09 +0000 (UTC), dooglefish at aol.communicate
(D.F.) wrote:

> At least they are called folds in Oberon. I am referring to the side pointing
> triangles in the help files. They open and close cells containing examples.
>
> Can these (folds) be implemented in notebooks I write?
>
> I tried to select and copy, change styles of, other tricks, including reading
> the manual. No avail. Help would be appreciated.

In Mathematica, "folds" are referred to as cell group open-close
icons.  The presence of an icon in a cell is determined by two
conditions:

1) the option ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon being set to True for that cell.

2) The cell must be appear as the first cell in a cell group.

To adjust the value of ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon for a given cell, do the
following:

1) Click on the cell you wish to alter.

2) Perform the front end menu command Format -> Option Inspector...

3) Make sure the inspector dialog's scope indicator is set to
"selection" and not "global" or "notebook".

4) Enter the text "ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon" in the lookup field of the
dialog.  Hit the Lookup button when finished.  This will expose the
option.

5) Change the option's value from False to True.  A small indicator
will appear to the left of the option name to indicate that the option
has been set explicitly at the specified scope.

6) Close the Option Inspector dialog window.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.