Re: Filename as Function Argument"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30127] Re: Filename as Function Argument"
- From: seidovzf at yahoo.com (Zakir F. Seidov)
- Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:26:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Math Forum
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
With the similar problem of "filename as argument" I've crossed when I used a long path for file of kind "C:\My Documents\1234.txt" (I'm not sure that the case was axactly as this...): during the session it's all OK, BUT WHEN I SAVED notebook AND THEN RETURNED TO IT INSTEAD OF MY "FILENAME' I've got SOMETHING ELSE?! I guessed that here backslash, \, was involved and so I first copied the file into C:\Program Files\Wolfram\Mathematica\4.0\1234.txt, so that I need only use ReadList["1234.txt"]. I'm not sure that this is the case but may be it is clear for our dear Mathematica Gurus (I mean dear Mathematica, and dear Gurus!) what is the matter? Zak F. Seidov