Re: Mathematica can talk!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27571] Re: Mathematica can talk!
  • From: Pavel.Pokorny at vscht.cz
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 04:08:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
:  I have a Mac with Mac9.04. Recently, I was working on a notebook
: and accidently pressed Control V keys (instead of Command V)
: and to my amazement Mathematica read back the cell contents to
: me . I have looked to see if this  feature is documented but have
: not found anything in the Help manual . Has anyone got any ideas
: on how one can control the speech properties  I guess it is using
: the speech synthesizer in the Mac. However, I have not been able
: to control the speed or voice characteristics with the Mac  speech
: contol panel .

: Brian

: Sent via Deja.com
: http://www.deja.com/

I remember the good old Sinclair ZX-81 with 16 kB of RAM
could speak a few decades ago, really.
So it should be easy for such a capable software as Mathematica
and a box with RAM counting in MB.
Anyway I am also interested in the speach possibility in Mathematica.

--
Pavel Pokorny
Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology