Hiding data in Cells?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28927] Hiding data in Cells?
  • From: "Krautschik, Chris G" <krautschikc at intel.co.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:27:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was wondering if there was a way to hide data in a given cell inside a
notebook and that it would be initialized every time the notebook was
evaluated. This would be useful so one does not have to scroll through pages
of data every time one loads the notebook. Neither should the hidden cell
containing the data print.

What I had in mind is the following:

xy = {{0, 0},{1, 0.23},{2, -5.6},{3, 1.23},.....{n, xxx}};

After I have imported the data and assigned the variable xy to it I would
like the cell to disappear for good (but the variable xy, of couse, should
continue to exist). Hopefully, there is a way make the cell visible again as
well as some day one may want to refer back to it.

Thanks,
Chris