RE: Hiding data in Cells?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28958] RE: [mg28927] Hiding data in Cells?
  • From: Mikael Adlers <mikael at mathcore.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 01:54:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
you can always use a InterpretationBox to hide data. Try,

InterpretationBox["This text will be displayed",
    xy = {0, 0},{1, 0.23},{2, -5.6},{3, 1.23},.....{n, xxx}};] //
DisplayForm

Then you will get an output cell that displays the text but is interpreted
as
the assignment statement. If you want to hide the data in a e. g. text cell
you can edit the cell expression (ctrl-shift-e on the cell) and change the
output cell type to Text (if you use the menu the data will be lost).

You can also add the options Evaluatable->True,
InitializationCell->True to make the cell an initialization cell.

Regards,
Mikael Adlers

 Mikael Adlers, Ph.D.          email: mikael at mathcore.com
 MathCore AB                   phone: +4613 32 85 07
 Wallenbergsgata 4             fax:         21 27 01
 SE-583 35 Linkoping, Sweden