Excel Link

I am currently using Mathematica Link for Excel to pull in a number of
different arrays.  All of the documentation I have looked at states
that there is a limitation as to the size of a single array allowed,
but there is no limitation as to the number of different arrays as
long as they do not exceed the single array limitation.  The arrays I
am working with are only 1x20.  I can pull in a couple thousand of
those small arrays, and then I begin to get $LinkError.  If there is
anything I can do to resolve this issue, I would appreciate any advice
that you could provide.

Thank you,

Michael Loop
Minneapolis, MN