Spherical Harmonics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31570] Spherical Harmonics
  • From: "Philippe" <dumasphi at noos.fr>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:41:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I would like to represent with Spherical Harmonics any function with a
given symmetry on a sphere. The symmetry is here the one of the 432
point group, that is with 4-fold, 3-fold and 2-fold axes of a cube. Note
that I need to represent a function which is NOT centro-symmetric, that
is which does NOT obey f[r] = f[-r] (thus the point group has 24
elements).

I would appreciate very much a "ready-to-use" formula as I have an
immediate and practical problem to solve.

Many thanks

Philippe Dumas