Re: data files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31182] Re: [mg31164] data files
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:19:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I wonder what you mean by plotting a matrix of data. Other than that, if
your file is stored in text format (and it is composed of numbers only) as
"sample.txt", try

b = ToExpression /@ Import["sample.txt", "Table"]

and if you want to output to a file "sample2.txt", use

Export["sample2.txt", b, "Table"]

Tomas Garza
Mexico City