  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31240] font problem
  • From: Veit Elser <ve10 at cornell.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 04:27:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm experiencing a font problem with Mathematica 4.1 on my Mac with OS
9.2.

If I add some text to a plot, say PlotLabel->"(a)", then although it is
correctly rendered in the notebook front end, when I save the graphic as
an EPS I get strange characters: "(a)" becomes "HaL". I followed the
instructions in the FAQ at wolfram.com (setting the printing option to
"RenderInFrontEnd") without success.

Veit Elser
Department of Physics