Chi Square test for goodness of fit

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31325] Chi Square test for goodness of fit
  • From: msdawy at (Mohamed El Dawy)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:07:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am trying to find a distribution that fits a certain histogram..
i.e. given a histogram, and a proposed distribution, i try to find how
good does this distribution fits the histogram...
a famous test for this is the chi square test...
is it available already in mathematica? if so, how can i use it?
if not,  could you please give me some hints about implementing it?
i need to...
1. initialize a list of a certain size to zeros.
2. Take the sum of all elements in a list.
and of course there are other things, but that's what i can think of

Many thanks in advance..

take part in the challenge: