Re: Solving NL-PDE by (Mathematica) NDSolve?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31324] Re: [mg31316] Solving NL-PDE by (Mathematica) NDSolve?
- From: David Withoff <withoff at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:07:04 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> Can anybody tell me if NDSolve is able to solve a set of > one-dimensional time-varying partial differential equations, and how? > Thanks in advance for your attention and help. > > Jun Lin In addition to the examples in the Help Browser there are several examples of using NDSolve in the technical support section of the Wolfram Research web site, including the example http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/mathematics/numerics/pde4.html which demonstrates the solution of a system of partial differential equations. Whether or not NDSolve would be suitable for dealing with your system of partial differential equations will depend on the details of your example. Dave Withoff Wolfram Research