Need Help on Plotting 3D Using a Scalar Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33688] Need Help on Plotting 3D Using a Scalar Function
  • From: "Tachyonics2" <ejeong at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 00:49:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Folks,

I'm a physicist trying to theorize the jet phenomena from the rotating black
holes.
I derived the new gravity potential that promises the features of jets
simply from the visual analysis. The analytical form of the scalar potential
is given. The problem I have in mind is using Mathematica to plot the force
lines of this potential.

The whole process will consist of performing the vector gradiant operation
of the scalar function and plotting the force lines around the rotating
globe shell that will closely resemble the jets. But it is not just the jets
that I'm expecting. There is a whole lot of phenomena going on around the
rotating ultra compact cosmological object.

If anyone is interested in this either for fun or for a serious project,
please drop me a line.

Respectfully

Eugene