passing functions as parameters
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33988] passing functions as parameters
- From: GoranG <icmc2MAKNUTIOVO at pop.tel.hr>
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: icmc2MAKNUTIOVO at pop.tel.hr
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How would one pass one function to another? I need to be able to define functions in the following fashion: f[x_]:=x^3-x+1 g[x_,y_,somefunction?]:=If[somefunction[x]>somefunction[y],"Done","Waiting") to be able to later on evaluate g[2.,3., f?] I have tried couple of paths with no success and would really like to avoid using global function in function g. All the best...