Definite Integrals & Hidden Cells

I've long been looking for a way to do two fairly simple things:

1) I've seen plots and other outputs where the code to generate them is
hidden.  How do I do this?  I can hide all but the first cell of a
group, but how do I hide ONLY the first cell?

2) I've often wanted to generate a vertical bar with upper and lower
limits --- the usual math notation for the results of a definite
integral --- but I haven't found a way to do it.

Bobby Treat