  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32680] Stop extrapolation outside range
  • From: Yas <yast at optushome.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:41:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
How do I go about stopping Mathematica from using extrapolation when the
specified data range falls outside the actual data range from which the
Interpolating function was generated?

e.g.
data = {{x1,y1}.......{xn,yn}};
int = Interpolate[data];
t1=Table[int[x],{x, xi, xf, dx}]

with xn != xf.

When xn != xf, Mathematica correctly points out that the point xf lies
outside the data range of the Interpolating function and proceeds to
extrapolate. How do I stop it from extrapolating.

Thanks
Yas