Re: Moving notebooks from Windows to Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32750] Re: [mg32720] Moving notebooks from Windows to Mac
  • From: George Woodrow <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 03:49:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a similar problem with files downloaded from the internet. You
should be able to open them from within Mathematica.

If you have BBEdit, you can use the program to do a save as, and under
the options, select Mathematica as the file's owner. You have to set up
BBEdit to do this -- there are instructions, but the trick always works
for me.

I believe that BBEdit can be scripted to do whole folders at once.

There are other utilities that can be used to change the file's creator
code. There may be one on the BBEdit CD, or a quick search of a
developer tools website should come up with something.

George Woodrow