- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32796] Re: Matrices
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:50 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
lucifer smiles wrote:
> i am working on distributed computing. i have 2 problems to
> 1. can inversing a big matrix say  , be distributed to
> various machines?..i split my matrix to LU , but haven't been able to
> go further than that? any suggestions or any refernce material or
If you have the LU decomposition you are done ? What else do you whant
to do -- solve it for IndentityMatrix ?
In the most cases the inverse is not needed -- only the solution
for a few number of right hand sides must be found and iterative
solvers make a good job on it.
> 2. Planning to implement for fast fourier transform(FFT). i have got
> tons of material but most of it so abstract or vague.most of the links
> have some kind of algorithm etc but i haven't read, for this data, we
> implement and so and so. could pls help me in giving me refernces or
> materials , so i can get off the ground.
Do you think, you can do a better job than
Good luck !
Prev by Date:
Re: How to color countours in a contour Plot?
Next by Date:
ReadList of Data containing "nan"
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Importing & printing EPS files