Re: Matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32796] Re: Matrices
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 06:23:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

lucifer smiles wrote:

> hi
>  i am working on distributed computing. i have 2 problems to
> implement..
>
> 1. can inversing a big matrix say [5000][5000] , be distributed to
> various machines?..i split my matrix to LU , but haven't been able to
> go further than that? any suggestions or any refernce material or
> links?

If you have the LU decomposition you are done ? What else do you whant
to do -- solve it for IndentityMatrix[5000] ?

In the most cases the inverse is not needed -- only the solution
for a few number of right hand sides must be found and iterative
solvers make a good job on it.

> 2. Planning to implement for fast fourier transform(FFT). i have got
> tons of material but most of it so abstract or vague.most of the links
> have some kind of algorithm etc but i haven't read, for this data, we
> implement and so and so. could pls help me in giving me refernces or
> materials , so i can get off the ground.

Do you think, you can do a better job than
Fourier[] and

http://www.fftw.org/

?

Good luck !