Re: Stumped again on a simple list

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg32817] Re: Stumped again on a simple list
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:43:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Is this the sort of thing that you want?

    ii/.n_Integer\[RuleDelayed] If[n<100,50,200]

    ii/.{n_Integer/;n<100\[RuleDelayed] 50,n_Integer\[RuleDelayed] 200}

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK
hay at
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198
Fax: +44 (0)870 164 0565

"1.156" <rob at> wrote in message news:a4auba$bu0$1 at
> Greetings cypherers all,
> I make a simple list ii and I find I can make other lists easily by
algebraic moves like
> jj=ii/2, etc.  But when I want make a new list which splits two different
formula, I'm stumped.
> Here's a stripped down version to illustrate my problem.  I want to use
the value in the original
> array to determine how to make the new array.  The If[] is the only thing
I can find to make
> this decision.  But, it seems I'm not even close when I try:
> ii=Table[z,{z,50,1400,5}];
> jj=If[ii<100,50,200]
> I've looked around a good bit but have not stumbled into any topic that
appears to bear on this problem.