Re: Nonatomic expression ? in Append command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32857] Re: [mg32832] Nonatomic expression ? in Append command
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:50:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I suggest you devote some time to learning functional programming, which is
one of the great beauties of Mathematica, and forget all about loops and
procedural programming.

Anyway, it is not clear to me what is it you're trying to achieve in your
routine below. To start with, since no initial value is assigned to
omegaAlist, it is clear that you can't Append anything to it in the first
loop. This is why you get the message.

Secondly, surely you are aware that r++ increases the value of r by 1,
returning the old value of r. Then you cannot go further than the first
loop, since the test r<=1 gives False immediately after the first loop.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City