Re: Manipulating Pattern Matching ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32925] Re: Manipulating Pattern Matching ?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 01:26:03 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, the attribute Listable may help you a bit, but a pattern like foo[l_List] can't be changed for build in functions. Regards Jens Gerhard Neumann wrote: > > Hi, > > I've quite a tricky problem. I want to convince Mathematica that a new > "Datatyp", call it "MyList" is the same as "List" , at least in pattern > matching, i.e. all functions that take a "List" as parameter should take > "MyList" too. So I have to manipulate Mathematicas pattern matching Rules. > Is that possible (I fear not :-(( ?? > > Geri