Re: How to plot the earth/world in 3D?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32959] Re: How to plot the earth/world in 3D?
- From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:07:17 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I am trying to plot the world in 3D perspective with countries
> properly situated and clipped if on the back side. I need to
> then lay other 3D plots on the 3D world plot.
> I tried "WorldPlot" with different projection options but none seems
> to show 3D. (The closest is the LambertAzimuthal projection.)
> I use Mathematic 3.0 on a PC.
> Are there any other commands or packages or tricks?
I'd also love to have a "GlobePlot" command, with the ability to overlay cities,
country boundaries, points, great circles, etc, on the surface.
Prev by Date:
Err msg: imcomplete input
Next by Date:
function defining including solve command
Previous by thread:
How to plot the earth/world in 3D?
Next by thread: