How to plot the earth/world in 3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32940] How to plot the earth/world in 3D?
  • From: liu at vtaix.cc.vt.edu (Xiangdong Liu)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 01:26:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am trying to plot the world in 3D perspective with countries
properly situated and clipped if on the back side.  I need to
then lay other 3D plots on the 3D world plot.

I tried "WorldPlot" with different projection options but none seems
to show 3D.  (The closest is the LambertAzimuthal projection.)
I use Mathematic 3.0 on a PC.

Are there any other commands or packages or tricks?

Thank you all.

Xiangdong Liu