Partial derivatives and implicit inversion?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg33006] Partial derivatives and implicit inversion?
- From: jflanigan at netzero.net (jose flanigan)
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 01:31:24 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have two functions in polar coordinates.
and I want to find dg/df ( where "d" indicates
The problem is that I cannot explicitly express
r,t in terms of f,g. so, I want something like
dg/df = dg/dr * dr/df + dg/dt * dt/df
but I don't have dr/df or dt/df. I don't feel safe computing
df/dt and then inverting it. I think I'm missing a step somewhere.
Any help or references appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Prev by Date:
Animation in one frame?
Next by Date:
Re: Suppression of output...
Previous by thread:
Re: Animation in one frame?
Next by thread:
need a function for sums of subsets