Hint on: Problems converting mathematica notebook to PDF with Acrobat Distiller

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33008] Hint on: Problems converting mathematica notebook to PDF with Acrobat Distiller
  • From: bryangmyrek at yahoo.com (vector_boson)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:34:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is just a hint to anyone out there searching for info on this
topic.  I was having problems getting documents from .nb format to
.pdf format using Acrobat Distiller or print to file.  The reason I
had troubles with print to file was because I'm on a darned Window$
machine and choosing 'print to file' produces a .prn file, not .ps or
.pdf.  Acrobat Distiller rendered mathematical documents horribly.
The solution came in the form of *yet more* software from Adobe.
Basically I just downloaded an Adobe PostScript printer driver from:
http://www.adobe.com/products/printerdrivers/main.html
(or search for adobe postscript printer drivers)
Then I installed it, pretending it was a normal printer.  Then I went
to config for the printer from Start->Settings->Printers and chose the
default output method as "C:\Windows\Desktop\*.pdf" or something like
that.  This works beautifully!  Just print to this 'fake' printer from
Mathematica and you're all set!  Anyway, hope this helps if you were
looking for this info.