Re: Animation in one frame?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg33021] Re: Animation in one frame?
  • From: adam.smith at hillsdale.edu (Adam Smith)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:35:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

As far as I know there is no way of doing exactly what you want.  In
order to make a movie, Mathematica needs to create a series of plots
much like the frames on a film.  You can however have the cells
automatically "collapse" into one visible cell by using the following:

Do[Plot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}], {f, 1, 3}];
 SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell];
 FrontEndTokenExecute["CellGroup"];
 FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"];

Make sure that the commands are all executed in the same cell.  In my
example I used a Do loop, but MoviePlot works the same.

MoviePlot[Sin[2 Pi f t], {t, 0, 1}, {f, 1, 3}];
 SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell];
 FrontEndTokenExecute["CellGroup"];
 FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"];

Adam Smith