- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32491] operating system
- From: Bernd Brandt <bernd at bio.vu.nl>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:00:13 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook with saved output cells; all calculated with
Mathematica 4.0.2 on SUN Solaris7.
Now we have Solaris8 and it looks like the results of my matrix
calculations are different (e.g. 0.00676 <-> 0.00684).
Could this indeed depend on the OS (using the same SUN computer). All
is with the same Mathematica 4.0.2 executable.
I know that Mathematica on different CPUs as well as different executables may show these differences, but how about this case?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Correction on confusion with triple integral...
Previous by thread:
Tom Wickham Jones presents webMathematica course in Amsterdam
Next by thread:
Re: operating system