Re: operating system
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32584] Re: operating system
- From: cjt <cheljuba at prodigy.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:19:00 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Bernd Brandt wrote:
> Dear group,
> I have a notebook with saved output cells; all calculated with
> Mathematica 4.0.2 on SUN Solaris7.
> Now we have Solaris8 and it looks like the results of my matrix
> calculations are different (e.g. 0.00676 <-> 0.00684).
> Could this indeed depend on the OS (using the same SUN computer). All
> is with the same Mathematica 4.0.2 executable.
> I know that Mathematica on different CPUs as well as different executables may show these differences, but how about this case?
Are both installations 64 (or 32) bit (assuming a 64 bit Sun)? If not, are
you using any machine arithmetic?
Prev by Date:
another integral problem
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Correction on confusion with triple integral...