Correction on confusion with triple integral...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32488] Correction on confusion with triple integral...
- From: Bradley Stoll <BradleyS at Harker.org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:00:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
My apologies. After reading Bob's message I realized I had a typo. The
limits on r were supposed to be [1/Cos[x],4], not [0,1/Cos[x]]. So, here is
the corrected problem...
Please consider the Integral[r^2Sin[x]drdxdy] with limits as follows:
[0,2Pi]for y, [0,ArcCos[1/4]] for x and [1/Cos[x],4] for r. Mathematica
returns 27Pi, which is correct. But, if instead of using ArcCos[1/4], I use
either ArcCos[0.25] or ArcCos[1/4]//N in the limits, Mathematica returns
Any idea why?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
RootSearch package improved
Previous by thread:
Re: operating system
Next by thread:
Re: Correction on confusion with triple integral...