- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32519] NestWhile
- From: Tom De Vries <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:57:49 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I know this is a simple question, hope someone can help me out.....
If I define the function
f[n_] := If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3n + 1]
I can then apply NestList and generate a nice number loop......
NestList[f, 7, 23]
I want to use NestWhileList and stop when the generated number is a 1. How
do I do that?
Thanks for the help,
Tom De Vries
Prev by Date:
Re: Magic Matrices
Next by Date:
Indents, paragraphs, etc.
Previous by thread:
Re: Change of Variables
Next by thread: