- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32587] RE: [mg32519] NestWhile
- From: "Higinio Ramos" <higra at usal.es>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:19:06 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200201250757.CAA09822@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: "Higinio Ramos" <higra at usal.es>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom De Vries <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg32587] [mg32519] NestWhile
> I know this is a simple question, hope someone can help me out.....
> If I define the function
> f[n_] := If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3n + 1]
> I can then apply NestList and generate a nice number loop......
> NestList[f, 7, 23]
> I want to use NestWhileList and stop when the generated number is a 1.
> do I do that?
> Thanks for the help,
> Tom De Vries
The Collatz sequence until it stop in 1 may be generated by
NestWhileList[f, 450, ! (#1 == 1) &]
Prev by Date:
Re: operating system
Next by Date:
Gross Bug in Simplify
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
- From: Tom De Vries <firstname.lastname@example.org>