- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg32556] Re: NestWhile
- From: Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 04:08:37 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
NestWhileList[f, 9, # != 1 &]
Tom De Vries wrote:
> I know this is a simple question, hope someone can help me out.....
> If I define the function
> f[n_] := If[EvenQ[n], n/2, 3n + 1]
> I can then apply NestList and generate a nice number loop......
> NestList[f, 7, 23]
> I want to use NestWhileList and stop when the generated number is a 1. How
> do I do that?
> Thanks for the help,
> Tom De Vries
Erich Neuwirth, Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at
Phone: +43-1-4277-38624 Fax: +43-1-4277-9386
Prev by Date:
Headless set of elements?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: